Intro to Ski Touring + Snow Safety Course
Snow season is upon us and there’s no better way to explore your favorite mountains in the winter than ski touring!
Join us for this custom-tailored, 3-part course. Learn ski touring basic techniques, fundamentals of mountain safety, avalanche awareness, terrain selection, and advance your skills in an all-women group this season.
All sessions take place on Mt Hood.
- Alpine touring skis, skins, and bindings (see rental discount below)
- Skiers with the ability to downhill ski in a variety of snow conditions (this course will not teach you to downhill ski; this course will introduce you to ski touring technique)
- Physical ability to hike for 4-5 hours with a 30lb pack
Sunday, January 27 | 8am to 1pm or later
- Ski touring basics: technique, equipment & gear
- Fundamentals of outdoor/mountain safety (layering, what to bring, terrain selection, terrain traps, slope angle shading on Cal Topo, etc.)
Sunday February 17 | 8am to 1pm or later
- Longer ski touring session
- Avalanche/snow safety basics: fundamentals of reading snow pack, safety gear, etc.
Sunday March 10 | 8am to 1pm or later
- Group ski touring adventure!
- Combine your new skinning/touring techniques and safety & awareness skills to determine a safe route and enjoy an epic day on Mt Hood.
*Special note: This course will be run by a guide of the Northwest School of Survival. The current instructor will be male.
Brooke will be the Wy’east Sisterhood leader & assistant during the course.
All participants will be women.
Thank you to our booking agent KAF ADVENTURES for making this opportunity happen.
Space is limited! Women only, please.