Women’s Health Series: Wellness Goal-setting
with Dr amanda roe, nd
Happy New Year!
We are kicking off 2019 with a goal-setting event to continue our Women’s Health Series.
The start of a new year inspires reflection, introspection, and planning. Feeling well, mentally & physically, increases your chances of attaining your biggest goals.
Wednesday, January 16th | 7-8:30p
2627 SE Clinton Street | Portland, OR, 97202
During this Wellness Goal-setting event we will discuss:
- Identifying the pillars of health and wellness
- Formulating both a ritual and a routine for your wellness goals
- Understanding the trajectory of your vision
- Cultivating the patience to ride these goals to completion
Come ready to ditch “perfect” and dig into making meaningful-to-you changes in 2019!
Light nibbles and a complimentary beverage included.
$5 from each ticket will be donated to PDX Alliance for Self-care.
Thank you Meredith, founder of Cookshop, for hosting!
Intro to Ski Touring + Snow Safety Course
Snow season is upon us and there’s no better way to explore your favorite mountains in the winter than ski touring!
Join us for this custom-tailored, 3-part course. Learn ski touring basic techniques, fundamentals of mountain safety, avalanche awareness, terrain selection, and advance your skills in an all-women group this season.
All sessions take place on Mt Hood.
- Alpine touring skis, skins, and bindings (see rental discount below)
- Skiers with the ability to downhill ski in a variety of snow conditions (this course will not teach you to downhill ski; this course will introduce you to ski touring technique)
- Physical ability to hike for 4-5 hours with a 30lb pack
Sunday, January 27 | 8am to 1pm or later
- Ski touring basics: technique, equipment & gear
- Fundamentals of outdoor/mountain safety (layering, what to bring, terrain selection, terrain traps, slope angle shading on Cal Topo, etc.)
Sunday February 17 | 8am to 1pm or later
- Longer ski touring session
- Avalanche/snow safety basics: fundamentals of reading snow pack, safety gear, etc.
Sunday March 10 | 8am to 1pm or later
- Group ski touring adventure!
- Combine your new skinning/touring techniques and safety & awareness skills to determine a safe route and enjoy an epic day on Mt Hood.
*Special note: This course will be run by a guide of the Northwest School of Survival. The current instructor will be male.
Brooke will be the Wy’east Sisterhood leader & assistant during the course.
All participants will be women.
Thank you to our booking agent KAF ADVENTURES for making this opportunity happen.
Space is limited! Women only, please.
Haystack Haus Holiday
March 8-10, 2019 | Cannon Beach, OR
Join us for the perfect mix of relaxation and adventure — a two-night stay at The Haystack Haus. Shared meals, coffee, trail running at Tillamook Head, s’mores, bonfire, Haystack Rock, and hiking Neahkahnie Mountain. We will spend the weekend combining our love of sweat-inducing activity with beach-retreat relaxation to carve out time and space for physical activity, peaceful introspection, and fostering meaningful connections.
Arrive anytime after 4pm Friday, check out by 2pm Sunday. We will try to accommodate your travel plans: we hope this getaway appeals to Wy’east Sisters near and far.
Price: $325.00 | Space limited to 6 women
- 2 night stay | possible bed sharing (2 in king master, 2 in queen, 2 in separate twins)
- Dinner Friday evening; prepared by Larissa + Sarah
- Breakfast + coffee Saturday morning
- Run-venture! Tillamook Head to Ecola State Park (6 to 13 mile options)
carry your own lunch; basic fixings provided
- Beach, bonfire, s’mores
- Breakfast + coffee Sunday morning
- Hike Neahkahnie Mountain (3, 5, or 8 mile options)
We will go out to dinner Saturday evening and out to lunch Sunday (not included in price).